Telecomm PM (COW Deployment)
Rocky Mountain Region
Manage the reporting and deliverables from site acquisition through construction complete including all closeout documents. Manage all five functional groups to ensure site is turned up 7 to 10 days prior to event. These groups are: Site Acquisition, Transport, Data Fill, Compliance, Construction. Manage the ongoing relationship with the client and ensure the accuracy of the project from start to finish. Manage the PGM (Profit Growth Margins) goals set for each project. Provide quality control over deliverables. Supervise outside vendor partners, Site Acquisition vendor, environmental engineers, architectural & engineering firms, engineers and drafting technicians, title search firms, general construction project manager, LEC transport engineer/PM and others to ensure transactions close and projects completed within defined timeframes and budget. Identify potential risk scenarios and report and variance to Ran SPOC and or Director. Responsible for the development and management of the site development execution plan for assigned projects/programs and assigned proposal efforts. Ensure project schedules are accurately forecasted from site acquisition through construction complete.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as Execution Manager for multiple site projects and/or multiple clients.
• May serve as main client interface, which includes providing reports and attending status meetings.
• For new-build projects, commonly responsible for managing site acquisition activities from initial search ring release through construction complete and commercial on-air.
• For existing site modification projects, commonly responsible for managing site acquisition activities from leasing and zoning audit through construction complete and commercial on-air.
• Report financial information for projects. Work with RAN SPOC/Director on current established budget, and identify all qualified events and expected cost
• Prepares and manages plan, schedule, and budget for each assigned project.
• Provides day-to-day leadership, mentoring and development to the Site Development team on assigned projects and programs. Determines staffing requirements and obtains commitments to meet the needs of each project.
• Supervises the administration, planning, operations, and work of assigned consultants and subcontractors, independent contractors Regional Construction Operations Manager and ensures meeting of defined deliverables. Reviews and approves payment of vendor and subcontractor invoices.
Supervises the administration, planning, operations, and work of AT&T teams in area of RF Design, CPDO (transport), Data coordination (IWOS, tickets, NDER, CAT, TVW,CTS), Operations manager, and Supply Chain meeting of defined deliverables
• Prepares, reviews and/or approves various reports, forms, correspondence, e-mail messages, logs, budget documents, and group goals and objectives. Ensures quality and completeness of documentation.
• Communicates activities with team members, as needed.
• May manage Site Acquisition Specialists and Managers as they coordinate with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure lease entitlements as defined by project scope.
• May provide guidance to ensure that all construction deliverables are forecasted accurately and delivered on time and within budget.
• As needed, attends field site visits for candidate and engineering viability.
• May identify outside vendors and coordinate contractual requirements.
• Tracks and monitors progress on all open transactions.
• Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Education: Requires 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience
• Experience: Requires 9 years telecommunications industry experience; 5 years site acquisition experience. Prefer previous project management or construction management experience. 2+ year’s Supervisory experience. Knowledge of tower industry.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Basic knowledge and application of PM processes
• Basic knowledge and application of Financial Management
• Basic understanding and application of contract commercial terms
Strong knowledge of Alcatel Lucent Radio products
Strong knowledge of transport media from T-1 to fiber, Microwave and ETTCS
• Basic skills for managing low risk projects
• Knowledge of Tower and Telecommunications industry experience
• Ability to work independently or with others
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to interface with clients and drive results
• Ability to provide quality audits for project and site specific documentation
• Real estate, sales, construction or legal negotiation experience (Preferred)
• Ability to provide effective negotiations
• Ability to comprehend legal documents such as, but not limited to, legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and CAD drawings
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program
• Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Quality Management System
• Demonstrated project execution skills
• Strong supervisory skills
• Client interface skills