Looking for someone with mid-level QA skills that is experienced enough to work independently, has a quality-focus, and is experienced to perform sound test case design and can grasp of complex integrated systems
• Participate in requirements / specification / design reviews, being the voice of the customer and the QA team.
• Lead and/or participate in test / project planning and scheduling of QA related activities.
• Develop testing strategies and perform test design for assigned features and products.
• Perform test execution and evaluate test results for product development projects and other testing activities that the QA team is responsible for, including quality metrics.
• Participate in defect management – submission, triaging, investigation, verification.
• Provide general leadership and assist in mentoring and growing junior team members.
• Promote quality and best practices cross-functionally as well as internally to QA.
• Participates in quality related, QA internal and cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
• Bachelors Degree – Engineering / CS / etc.
• 6-7+ years of experience in a Software Quality Assurance capacity in product development environments, or 8+ years of combined experience in product development environments with at least 5 years of direct QA experience.
• In-depth understanding of QA methodologies and principles, and how delivering products efficiently and predictably with a high degree of quality can be achieved.
• Planning QA activities, developing testing strategies, providing input into requirements / specification / design, performing sound test design, test automation, test execution, and evaluating test results, including defect management and quality metrics reporting.
• Proven ability to develop testing strategies that go beyond just utilizing the UI, such as data-driven testing, utilizing and defining tools, stubs, test harnesses, etc.
• Experience with cross-functional environments.
• Advocate for and passionate about customers and excellence in product quality.
• Experience with CMM, ISO, etc., highly desired.
• End-user and technical understanding of mobile solution/OSs such as iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, etc., a plus.
• Experience with testing mobile/cellular solutions and/or embedded systems a plus.
• Experience testing SDKs, APIs, a plus.
• Experience with test automation particularly in the mobile handset industry and/or embedded systems, a plus.
• Basic programming and/or scripting skills a plus.
• Experience working with remote teams, customers and partners a plus.