Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
· Minimum of seven (7+) years of progressive, hands-on software quality assurance and automated test development experience, with a sound understanding of Quality processes and methodologies and their purpose and place within the SDLC.
· Five or more (5+) years hands-on experience with building and executing automated test solutions using HP QuickTest Professional (QTP) or equivalent test automation tools.
· Five or more (5+) years of experience managing test assets, test runs, and reporting using QTP-HP ALM/Quality Center integration.
· Experience with RDBMS development, esp. T-SQL query and stored procedures; test data schema creation and maintenance, is required.
· Solid proficiency in web technologies, including: HTML, CSS, client scripting, DOM interrogation and manipulation.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; communications must be appropriately targeted, technically accurate, and effective.
· Proven ability to work under pressure and to effectively multitask.
· Proven ability to work effectively with various IS development and testing teams.
· Willingness and ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them to completion with minimal guidance.
· Excellent skills in all of the following areas: analysis and problem solving, good development practices, troubleshooting, and code maintenance.
· Strong team player, solid work ethic, and proven ability to diplomatically advocate for and implement positive change.
· Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
· 4-year degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
· Experience producing automation deliverables for a SAP rollout desired
· Experience in OOP development, preferably within the QA space
· Fluency in at least one high-level programming language (Java, C#) desired
· Experience testing enterprise e-Commerce systems a plus
· Experience testing systems built in WebSphere Commerce a plus
· Experience working in DB/2 a plus
· Must be willing to occasionally work evenings, weekends and holidays in support of our 24/7 operations.