Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
Our client is a small, yet quickly growing business intelligence company that is looking for additional developers to help keep up with the incredible demand that exists for their products. Our client is focused on business intelligence in the wholesale distribution industry and they provide a variety of reporting products to help small to medium sized businesses better understand their business and how they can more effectively manage their company. S\alary and benefits packages are very competitive with 100% employeer paid health, vision, dental insurance, and a matching 401k plan.
The role we are looking to fill is in our Application Development Division, which is responsible for developing specific reports, dashboards, and scorecards that will be widely distributed across their customer base. This division is a relatively new component to their established business and they're seeking smart, motivated individuals that are looking to make a difference in building out best practices. The team is small and each member will be a key contributor.
If you have experience building and providing analytics to your company or on a consultative basis to many companies, this position may be a good fit for you. We are seeking experienced developers that have a successful track record of responding directly to business users' needs for reports but is looking to make a shift to more broad based impact across an entire industry.
- Several Years experience with SQL
- Several Years experience building reports and dashboards with any major reporting platform. (Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, etc...)
- Experience with either DB2, Progress, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
- Experience with wholesale distribution ERP software packages or processes is preferred
- Experience with data manipulation via scripted or programming languages
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to gather requirements and synthesize proposed solutions
- Ability to communicate product design and intent with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Implement reports and dashboards as designed by senior members of the team or product management
- Locate required data from a variety of systems, typically in relational databases, and write queries and programs to extract, transform, and load the data into our product.
- Maintain and enhance existing report content based on customer requests
- Work with Product Management and Customers to develop new reporting content